Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bumps in the road.

This past weekend was a disaster.

DISAAASTER.

First of all I have to mention that I just started taking birth control again, and its severely fucking with my emotions. I mean BAD. I have been totally content in my relationship until pms began with these new ovulation stopping sons of bitches. The past couple of days have been uncomfortable and awkward. I've been exteremely insecure and have been driving the poor man to the edge. Last night was almost the end of it all. It had just gotten to be this big circle of dominoes. One thing after another with no resolution. We had to talk. My plan was to go to my apartment and spend the night alone and give him some space. We havent spent one night alone sice we began dating.

I was a wreck. Tearing up and boo-hooing as I spoke. Trying to get him to understand why I was acting this way. He was understanding but he had a "fed up & tired" tone of voice. But he lay his head in my lap and rubbed my leg. He said to me "I just want you to be happy every time you see me. Every time I see you I'm happy. So when I open the door and you're not happy, and you're in a shitty mood, my day is ruined." It made sense. I tried to think of how I would feel if I were in his shoes. If I opened the door and he was frowny-faced and snappy. I wouldnt like that much myself. Then he looked at his computer and said, "Do you know how to dougie?"
"No."
"Well me either, roll over here and we can both learn at the same time."
I wiped my eyes and rolled over to him, and we watched youtube videos, putting everything else behind us. He wouldnt let me go home because he wanted me there. Not for any other reason but to hold me tight while we slept. Today is a new day. We have gotten over the first bump in our relationship and I would say we handled that pretty well. Overwhelming tears and all. Today I'm going to be happy when I see him and try to control these terrible mood swings of mine. Because he makes me happy, I should have a smile on my face when he opens the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment