Tuesday, July 13, 2010

At least I try

I have bad luck in dating.
Shit.
I guess you can't even remotely refer to my dating life as luck. However, I try. A close friend and I have this on-going argument that while I've gone through boyfriends like toilet paper, he hasnt attempted one relationship in our 8, almost 9 year friendship. In his opinion he hasnt found anyone worthy. In my opinion he's spent 8 years being a big ass pussy. Too afraid to put himself out there and take any risks. Every woman he's slept with from the day I met him up until now has always been "missing" something that he needs in order to make a commitment. He's even said that there have been so many qualities found in each woman that if balled up together into one woman he'd be delighted to wife her up. He feels 100% confident in his process and although I'm not 100% convinced I'm doing anything right, I'm not too convinced being single for 8 years and never making ONE attempt at a relationship is correct either. All I can say for myself is each relationship I've found myself in, is significantly better than the last.

Significantly.

Sure maybe I can be single for eight years until I find Mr. Right but honestly, if I dont always know what I'm doing in love, how can I pass up oportunities to have found it? I'd rather try and fail, than never try at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment